Findon Fire Station.
A local brigade was formed in Findon just north of Worthing in West Sussex around 1937/38 as an auxiliary fire brigade(AFS), it then became part of the National Fire Service (NFS) from 1941 until 1948, then from 1948 the brigade became part of the West Sussex Fire Brigade. The brigades original fire station was just an old wooden shed,then in 1965 a brand new purpose-built fire station with direct access to the busy A24 was opened, the crew regularly being called out to accidents (RTA's) on the very busy dual carriageway.
The diarama in the scale 1/76 dates from the 1980's and shows an Oxford Diecast Dennis RS Series Water Tender Ladder, Matchbox (released-1982) RangeRover / Carmichael 'Commando' Rescue Unit and Cararama (Hongwell toys) Landrover Series 111 109, all these models having been converted to the livery of the then West Sussex Fire Brigade.
Findon was sadly one of the 3 retained fire stations to be closed in the county of West Sussex back in 2011 to save money, the others being Keymer (photo-on-site) and Bosham.
See also picture #4233
Picture added on 29 May 2013 at 07:43