Post-War Lancing Fire Station.
In this latest diarama it shows Lancing Fire Station (WSFB) from around 1950, with the stations war-time appliances re-liveried and still in use.
The appliances used at this time were a 1943 Austin K2 ATV (now-Hose reel tender) and trailer pump,and a 1940 Fordson Thames 7V Heavy Unit with built in pump and trailer pump.Both these appliances were operational at Lancing during WWII.
The fire station,originally a single storey building was built in 1925 next to the village Parish Hall with the 1st floor we beleave being added just before the second world war.
The converted fire appliance models in the diarama are from BW Models,the civilian figures are from Dapol with the 1950/60's firemen coming from FBM (Fire Brigade Models). These are new sets just released and are now available.
This model is in the 1.76 scale, the old Lancing Fire Station being totally scratch built,and please note that the figures all come unpainted.
Picture added on 03 December 2010 at 08:08